I love chapter books for kids! Every time I go to a book store, I trot right on over to the kid’s books and check out the chapter books. I never know which books to choose. I’m always so excited and curious. Which new land will I journey too? Or will I travel back in time? Or into the future? What adventure awaits me? What new friends will I meet? I’m going to share a list of chapter books I have read and love. If you have any chapter books to recommend to me, please do! I would love to hear from you! The books listed are in no particular order. To choose a favorite would be a daunting task! haha. 🙂
- The Chronicles of Narnia by. C. S. Lewis
- The Ordinary Princess by M. M. Kaye
- The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
- The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall
- The Penderwicks at Point Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall
- The Penderwicks in Spring by Jeanne Birdsall
- With A Name Like Love by Tess Hilmo
- Crispin The Cross of Lead by Avi
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
- The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
- The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
- Red Butterfly by A. L. Sonnichsen
- Our Intrepid Heroine by Ness Kingsley (I’m not sure what age this short story is intended for, but I love this story and think it’s good for all ages, so I am including it in my list!) Enjoy!
picture from pinterest.
*Just a friendly reminder! This blog is a no dragon zone! ha! 🙂