I finished Tolkien’s story this morning. The story is better and better every time I read it. 🙂 In this reading, I became more acquainted with Sam and Lady Galadriel.
- “Mellyrn” is a tree that bears a yellow blossom.
- “In Rivendell there was a memory of ancient things; in Lorien the ancient things still lived on in the waking world.” ~Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
- “Haldir” said, “Gimli” was the first dwarf to see the trees of the “Naith of Lorien” since “Durin’s Day.”
- “On the land of Lorien there was no stain.” ~Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
- “I feel as if I was inside song, if you take my meaning.” ~Sam, The Fellowship of the Ring
- “For the grim years were removed from the face of Aragorn, and he seemed clothed in white, a young lord tall and fair . . . ” ~Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
- “Yet more fair is the living land of Lorien, and the Lady Galadriel is above all the jewels that lie beneath the earth!” ~Gimli, The Fellowship of the Ring
- “This is the Nenya, the Ring of Adamant, an I am the keeper.” ~ Lady Galadriel, The Fellowship of the Ring